Workers compensation WA
We can help you make a claim for workers’ compensation if you are injured:
- In Western Australia,
- during the course of your employment, and
- you are defined by law as an employee.
Please note: you may also be eligible if you were working as a contractor or sub-contractor at the time. For clarification call 08 6118 1673.
Western Australia operates on a no-fault basis, however, if your employer is found to have been negligent, and their negligence resulted in your injury then you may be eligible to make a common law claim.
How to lodge your claim
To lodge a workers compensation claim you need to if you have not already:
- Seek first aid and report the injury to your immediate supervisor.
- Get your First Certificate of Capacity. (it’s better to get this from your own doctor rather than the companies).
- Download a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form here, or get one from your local AusPost.
- If you have difficulty completing the form, feel free to give us a call on 08 6118 1673.
- Be sure to keep copies of your medical certificate and claim form and send the originals to your employer.
- By law, your employer has five working days to complete and lodge your claim form.
You can speak to a WorkCover expert at Millner and Knight regarding your situation and we’ll guide you through the process.
Is there a time limit to make a claim for workers’ compensation?
Yes, there are time limits associated with claiming workers compensation. Claimants must make a claim for compensation within 12 months of realising you were injured. If you have left it too late, please don’t panic but call us as soon as possible as we might still be able to help.
You will receive a reply within 14 days notifying you of the outcome of your worker’s compensation claim. The reply will indicate whether it has been: