Do i have a claim?
Use our online claim checker
How much can i claim?
Use our compensation calculator
Millner and Knight (“we” or “us” or “our” or “compensation lawyers“) respects your privacy and confidentiality, we take this very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. We promise never to release or disclose any personal details to outside companies that could use your information for mailing or marketing purposes.
Personal information refers to information or an opinion of an individual. This information may or may not be true and isn’t always recorded in material form.
When processing your claim, we may obtain the following information:
- Date of birth
- Contact details (email address, telephone or mobile number)
- Photographs (these could be used as identification or evidence to support your claim)
- Any information deemed relevant to your claim, such as medical history, treatment, the accident, insurance and financial details.
Some of the personal information that we may need to collect is classified as ‘sensitive information’.
Sensitive information includes:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political affiliation
- Religious affiliation
- Mental health
- Trade union or trade association memberships
- Sexual preference
- Criminal record
In general, personal information is collected and held about:
- Potential clients
- Suppliers and their employees
- Prospective employees
How We Collect and Hold Personal information
Times in which we may collect information:
- When speaking with one of our call centre advisors or other members of staff
- When corresponding with us via letter, fax or email
- When completing a form on our website
- When using our compensation calculator
- From a report provided by medical professional (Third party)
All personal information is held in secure and confidential files in paper form and/or electronic form. In some cases, personal details are securely stored with third party data storage providers.
Millner and Knight take all the responsible steps to protect your personal data that is held by us from;
- misuse and loss
- unauthorised access
- modification or disclosure
To protect your data, we use physical security and restricted access to all electronic records. The privacy and protection of your personal information is extremely important to us, we take the necessary steps to ensure your data is not lost, stolen or at risk of being accessed by unauthorised parties. However, we cannot always guarantee the security of personal information and accept no liability should your information be lost or damaged despite our efforts.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- Providing clients with relevant no win no charge legal services
- assessing and processing inquiries and requests for the provision of our services
- marketing, including direct marketing and market research and analysis
- the general conduct and management of our business, including the provision and enhancement of our services and purchasing goods and services from others
- meeting our legal obligations.
If the personal information we require has not been provided, it may mean we are unable to provide the relevant service.
In some cases, we may be required to consult with experts from overseas regarding your compensation claim.
Accessing Your Personal Information That We Hold
As set out in Australian Policy Principle 12 and 13, you have the right to access your personal information held by us. Any requests for access and correction of personal information should be addressed to Damian Shaw via email at privacy@…
We aim to respond to complaints as quickly as possible, however, please expect a delay as all complaints are investigated thoroughly. If you do not receive a response in a timely manner, more information can be found at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting: https://www.oaic.gov.
If you are unhappy with how we handle your personal information or believe we have breached data protection under Australian privacy law. Please contact Damian Shaw by emailing privacy@…
Would you like to go to our disclaimer page? or learn more about motor vehicle accidents, medical negligence, work injuries or public liability.