Car and Motor Accident Lawyers Perth

Call me Back

Tell us a bit about your matter and an expert who specialises in claims like yours will call you back

Tell us how you became injured

When did the incident occur?

Tell us about your injury

Have you received any medical treatment?

It looks like we might be able to help you claim

This form is secure.

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

If your life or the life of a loved one has been affected by a car accident we can help. Our specialist lawyers servicing Perth and greater Western Australia handle all  ICWA claims on a no win no charge basis.


  • As of 2020, according to the most recent data, there were 28,037 crashes reported to main roads.
  • The states third party insurer received 11,300 motor injury insurance claims in 2019.
  • Millner and Knight have a specialist legal panel who can help you maximise your entitlements.
  • Failure to lodge claims in time may result in you losing your right to financial compensation.
  • Most matters are settled within 3 years without having to go to court.
  • Lodging your own claim is possible however numerous case studies show that people with independent legal representation receive far more compensation.

Our local car accident lawyers can make things right

Every day we speak with no-fault accident victims in Perth and WA who have already taken steps to seek a remedy for their car accident. Many of whom have been referred to a law firm by a smash repairer or tow truck company but are unhappy with how things are progressing. It’s also often the case that another driver or the insurer denies liability and things become complicated or grind to a halt.

If you’re unhappy or would like a second opinion feel free to give our local team of specialist a call on 08 6118 1673 for instant clarification.

Why make your motor accident claim with us?

Millner and Knight are one of Perth’s and WA’s leading road accident injury companies so if you’ve been wronged on the road, we can make things right. Besides helping you recover monetary compensation, the support we offer our clients goes far beyond making a claim.

1. Free and immediate legal advice

Road accidents happen fast which often leave people hurt and confused. It may be the case that you’re unsure who’s at fault for the incident or are being pressured into admitting liability by another party. If you are in a similar situation it’s important to speak to a lawyer before making a report because even if you think you were to blame, in strictly legal terms you might not be.

2. Medial treatment, physio and rehabilitation support

Getting the right treatment and care after an accident is not only crucial to making a full recovery but also an important part of the claims process. Having your injuries properly diagnosed and assessed by experts in the field will ensure that you receive adequate compensation for the suffering you have already or expect to endure later down the track.

3. Accident replacement vehicles and crash repairs

If your cars been damaged beyond repair or is stuck in the repair shop waiting to be fixed we understand how this can be impacting your ability to earn a living. Through our wider partnerships, we can help you get back on the road after an accident that wasn’t your fault in a no-charge replacement vehicle.

What are the requirements to make a motor vehicle accident claim in WA?

Generally in Perth and Western Australia, you can make a claim if:

  • you were injured in the last three years and
  • someone else was to blame (even partly).

You may also be eligible for compensation if you have suffered catastrophic injuries as a result of a motor vehicle accident. If this is the case, and your injuries meet the required thresholds, we might be able to help you claim regardless of fault.

What type of road users can claim

  • Drivers injured in road accidents where another party were at fault
  • drivers injured due to adverse road conditions
  • pedestrians hit by other road users
  • passenger injured in collisions with other road users
  • passengers injured in a single-vehicle accident
  • motorcyclists hit by another road user or injured by defective road conditions
  • pedestrians, passengers or drivers injured as a result of a hit and run
  • cyclists involved in no-fault accidents with other parties
  • witnesses to motor vehicle accidents
  • claims on behalf of a loved one resulting from a serious injury or TPD

To speak to a specialist about making a car or motor vehicle accident claim

Making a car or motor accident claim in WA

If you’ve been injured in a road accident in WA then the insurance commission will be the ones that pay your compensation. The government-owned WA state insurer provides injury insurance to motorists and self-insurance to the Government. Third-party insurance or CTP is compulsory in WA and is designed to protect drivers from any claims made against them.

So what’s the process?

Use our infographic to get a feel for the claims process.

Perth and WA Car and Motor Accident Claims Process Infographic

Perth and WA Car and Motor Accident Claims Process Infographic

Do you need help with a new or existing claim? Call 08 6118 1673.for free impartial advice.

We are here to help you make a successful compensation claim, whether you were injured as a driver, rider, passenger or pedestrian. Our highly experienced car accident lawyers in Perth and WA have the local knowledge and winning mentality needed to ensure you get the compensation you deserve for your road accident.

Please click here if you were injured on the way to work as you may not have the same rights.

What are you covered for?

The insurance commission on Western Australia covers the vehicles purchaser or person who drives the vehicle. WA insurance policies work on a fault basis and cover other parties injured in an accident caused by the owner or driver of the vehicle.

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in WA covers you for a number of accident types, which include:

Your insurance policy will also cover the cost of any medical treatment for injuries endured in road accidents.

Can I lodge my own motor accident claim?

Many people choose to lodge their own claims after suffering injuries in a car or motor vehicle accident in Perth and WA so the short answer is yes, you can.

To get the ball rolling with your claim you should follow the following three steps:

  1. Complete an online crash report on the insurance commission of WA’s website
  2. Get in touch with the insurance commission and ask them for a claims form
  3. Complete any of the relevant paperwork and return it to them

It’s important to submit your claim as soon as practically possible after your accident as there are strict timeframes associated with claims in WA set by the Limitation Act 2005.

Please note: When making a claim, you are legally entitled to engage a specialist car accident lawyer to represent you. Your lawyer will be able to guide you through the claims process and ensure that no stone is left unturned when calculating the value of your claim. It’s also worth noting that most of your legal costs will be paid by the insurance company too.

What types of motor injury claims do we handle in Perth and WA?

Millner and Knight have a panel of lawyers in Perth who specialise in all types of road accidents. Our team have decades of experience when it comes to dealing with the insurance commission. So no matter where your road accident took place, our experienced lawyers will be able to help.

Car accident compensation

Every day our car accident lawyers help people in Western Australia who have been involved in car accidents through no fault of their own make successful claims against any insurer. Our solicitors who specialise in car accident compensation will ensure that no stone is left unturned when negotiating your claim.

We can also help you get back on the road with an accident replacement vehicle if you are unable to drive yours after the accident.

No matter what type of injuries you sustained in your car crash, our lawyers can help.

We handle all types of car accident compensation claims according to our no win, no dramas guarantee.

If you need to talk to someone to find out whether or not you can make a claim, speak to our legally trained advisors on 08 6118 1673.

Neck and soft tissue injuries

Neck and soft tissue injuries AKA whip-lash is one of the most common injuries suffered in road accidents. Our lawyers have helped countless people get the compensation and apology they deserve after suffering soft tissue injuries through no fault of their own.

If you’re wondering whether you qualify to make a claim? Or you feel uncertain about the circumstances surrounding your accident we can help.

Motorcycle accident compensation

If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault you could be owed compensation.

Regardless of how severe your injuries were, or whereabouts in Western Australia it took place, our team of specialist motorcycle accident lawyers can help. When you contact us, we will perform a quick assessment based on our strict eligibility criteria to let you know whether or not you qualify for no win-no pay. If we deem your claim to be valid for our no dramas guarantee our lawyers will launch the necessary legal proceedings. If you are making a claim on behalf of someone else, this also applies.

For help or advice about claiming for your road traffic accident speak to a lawyer today on 08 6118 1673.

What to do next

The best way to start your claim for motor vehicle accident compensation in WA is to call our WA head office on 08 6118 1673. They will quickly guide you through the process and to give you a better understanding of how it all works.

We understand that many people who are victims of no-fault MVA’s often feel uncomfortable talking about their accident, especially if happened recently.  If this is the case, please feel free to make an enquiry online.

Either way, rest assured that all calls are confidential, and we will never pressure you into starting proceedings with us.

Why Millner and Knight

Our advice is free and comes with no obligations so if you don’t feel ready to start proceedings yet that’s absolutely fine. Our panel of experienced car accident lawyers in Perth and WA have decades of experience helping people make successful CTP claims.

We have a number of convenient office location throughout the state and all claims are handled according to our no win no dramas policy.

2020 Motor accident statistics for Perth and Western Australia

  • From 2019 to 2020 there were 28,037 crashes reported to main roads.
  • As of 5 February 2020, there has been a total of 121 WA road fatalities.
  • The states third party insurer received 11,300 motor injury insurance claims in 2019.

Claims were made by

  • Drivers
  • Passengers
  • Pedestrians
  • Cyclists
  • Motorcyclists and pillion passengers
  • Horseman/woman

Last year WA’s road toll hit a record low, however new dangers to drivers such as smartphones and in-car technologies pose a greater risk to motorists.