Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Victims of crime compensation

Find the right person at Millner and Knight

Call me Back

Tell us a bit about your matter and an expert who specialises in claims like yours will call you back

Tell us how you became injured

When did the incident occur?

Tell us about your injury

Where did you become injurued?

It looks like we might be able to help you claim

This form is secure.

    Free Initial Consultation

    * Get the answers you need with no obligations

    100% No Win no fee

    * Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

    Maximum Compensation

    * we won't settle for less than you deserve


    No legal Jargon

    Clear and concise advice in a language you can understand.


    Help With Rehabilitation

    Because compensation is just part of a bigger picture.


    Maximum Compensation

    We won’t settle for any less than you rightfully deserve.

    The Millner and Knight Difference

    With over 50 independent personal injury lawyers serving on our panel we’re sure we’ll find the right one for you.

    If you’ve been the victim of a crime that’s left you physically or psychologically injured you can make a claim for crime victims compensation under your state or territories relevant scheme.

    Make a victims of crime compensation claim

    We’re here to help anyone who has been injured during the commission of a crime get the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected and you would like to enquire about any entitlements please call us free on 1800 106 107. All calls are strictly confidential and advisory in nature.

    Millner and Knight have offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Perth.

    What is crime victims compensation?

    Each state and territory have their own government-led scheme which provides financial & other assistance to victims of violent crime. The victim’s compensation scheme has earned a terrible reputation with many victims and survivors describing the process as traumatic. However, please rest assured that the experts Millner and Knight will pursue your matter promptly and vigorously on a no win no fee basis. This means that if for whatever reason your case is not successful you won’t be left out of pocket.

    Useful contact details and information can be found below.

    Victims of crime compensation NSW

    Victims of crime compensation VIC

    Victims of crime compensation QLD

    Victims of crime compensation WA

    For help or advice please call 1800 106 107. All calls are free and you won’t be pressed to start a claim.


    An application can be lodged by:

    Victims: To be eligible, the victim’s injuries must have been directly caused by an act of violence or attributable to a criminal offence. Victims may also be eligible to claim any monetary losses incurred resulting from a criminal offence. Injuries can include physical bodily harm, psychological/emotional harm and pregnancies resulting from a sexual offence.

    Family members: In the case of death or homicide, close family members may be able to recoup any monies laid out for funeral or burial expenses and the loss of financial support.

    To maintain eligibility it’s wise to:

    • Report the crime to the police as soon as practically possible and if required assist them with their investigation and prosecution of the offender. (note that the offender may not have to be found or prosecuted)
    • Seek medical attention and abide by your doctors or medical professionals guidance. This includes attending follow up appointments, physiotherapy sessions, counselling and other associated medical services.
    • Act fast as strict time limits apply to any claims made under the crime victims compensation scheme. (Exceptions will be made in special circumstances for claims made outside of the limitation period.)


    Depending on your jurisdiction, compensation may be meted out for the following:

    • medical expenses, treatment and care
    • counselling costs and rehabilitation
    • funeral or burial expenses, and
    • lost wages or loss of financial support

    Common types of claims

    Criminal offenders can cause both physical and emotional injuries to their victims in a number of different ways. Though some of the claims we see are more common than others, please do not worry if the type of assault you have endured is not bullet-pointed below as we can still likely help.

    • Common assault including ABH and GBH claims
    • Sex abuse and sexual assault claims
    • Child sex abuse and historic claims
    • Homicide dependent claims
    • and many more

    We understand that you may fee worries talking to a member of our staff about your nature of your matter, if so please do not hesitate to contact us online.

    Will you need legal assistance?

    Whether or not you require legal assistance is a matter of personal choice. However, you may require legal assistance if:

    • You have been wrongly linked to the crime
    • you failed to report the offence to the police
    • the offender can not be found, acquitted or has not been charged
    • the victim is a minor
    • you were injured or assaulted as a minor
    • you have suffered long term sexual abuse
    • the limitation period has expired (you left it too late to claim)
    • you intend to claim for an injury other than a physical one
    • you are claiming as a family member
    • you intend to claim for future loss of income
    • a hearing has been scheduled
    • you have been made a monetary offer which you deem unacceptable
    • you want to appeal a decision

    Still unsure? Call 1800 106 107 for free impartial advice.

    Making a claim

    To make a claim with Millner and Knight the best way to start the process is by calling us for a calm and confidential conversation regarding your matter. We understand that you may feel nervous about discussing your injuries with us or talking about the offence. If so, please don’t worry, we promise that we will not ask you any uncomfortable questions or pressure you into making a claim.

    For your convenience, our panel law firms are located in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, Northern Territory and ACT.


















    Hi there, have a question? Text us here.

    We'll text you.


    Enter your information, and our team will text you shortly.

    0480 087 059

    We received your message. Our team will be texting you back from the number above. tick

    Use is subject to our terms and privacy policy