Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

We’ve streamlined the Queensland MVA process making it easier than ever claim. Our car accident lawyers working out of Brisbane handle all types of road accident injury claims.

Please note: You are viewing content for Queensland. If your MVA took place in NSWWAACT or VIC, you may not have the same rights.

Brisbane and QLD car accident lawyers

If you’ve been involved in a road accident that wasn’t your fault you may be eligible to make an MVA claim. An MVA claim is a legal process used to recover financial compensation for anyone who has suffered injury or harm in a road accident. Our car accident lawyers acting in Brisbane and Queensland specialise in all types of MVA claims and can represent you as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian.

To find out whether or not you are eligible, you can call our solicitors for a free no obligation consultation regarding your situation. The number to call is 07 2104 9341, so call us today, and tomorrow you could be one day closer to your compensation.

What types of claims can we help you with?

Our heavy hitting lawyers acting in Brisbane and Queensland can help you with any types of road accident injury claims including:

Please don’t worry if the accident which caused your injured is missing from the list above as we can still probably help.

What if I was hit by an uninsured driver?

If the accident which caused your injuries were the result of a negligent driver of an uninsured vehicle then please don’t worry as we might still be able to help. Our car accident lawyers can claim against what’s called a “Nominal Defendant”. This is a fund set up to act as the CTP insurer to ensure that victims injury victims can still access financial compensation when the vehicle cannot be identified or is unregistered.

Even if the motorist failed to stop and you were unable to obtain the registration number of the vehicle we can still help.

Expert advice and support is just one free phone call away.

What can you claim for?

When negotiating your compensation, some of the things your lawyer will consider include, but are not limited to:

  • The severity of your injuries
  • Amount of pain and suffering
  • Past and future lost earnings
  • Medical treatment, expenses and care
  • Out of pocket expenses such as travel costs and prescription medication

You may also be entitled to a no-fault, no charge accident replacement vehicle while yours is getting fixed.

To find out how much you can claim, you can speak to our specialists on 07 2104 9341. All calls are free, and you won’t be under any obligation to claim with us when you call.

Alternatively, try our online claims calculator to get an idea of how much compensation you could be owed.

What will it cost to make QLD MVA claim?

100% of the road traffic accident claims we handle in Queensland are dealt with via a CFA.

However, to be eligible, your lawyer must be able to able to demonstrate that:

  • You have been injured or harmed
  • Suffered financial losses
  • You weren’t at fault for the accident (or not entirely at fault)

Strict time limits also apply to QLD MVA claims so it’s important to act fast.

Who pays my compensation?

The person or organisation responsible for your road accident will be held accountable for your damages. In Queensland, all drivers must be covered by a minimum of third-party insurance (CTP) so in most cases, it’s the at fault parties insurance company who pays your compensation.

In Queensland, the Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC) is the regulatory authority responsible for the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) scheme but they do not provide the insurance.

As of 2018, there are 4 providers of CTP in QLD, which include:

The nominal defendant is a statutory body established under the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994 for the purpose of compensating people who have been injured as a result of an uninsured or non-identifiable driver.

How to start your claim

The best way to start your claim for motor vehicle accident compensation is to call us on 1800 106 107. However, if you don’t feel comfortable speaking to someone just yet, you can also start your claim online.

If you do call us, please rest assured that all calls are confidential, and we will never pressure you into starting proceedings with us.

Why Millner and Knight?

Our advice is free and impartial, and you don’t need to worry about choosing a bad solicitor. Our panel of experienced car accident lawyers in Brisbane and Queensland are chosen based on their experience and success. You can also be sure that they have the local experience necessary to ensure you get properly compensated.