12/17 Prowse St, West Perth WA 6005 – Get Directions
No Win No Fee personal injury lawyers servicing Perth and all surrounding suburbs. Contact Millner and Knight today to find out how we can make things right.
Our team of specialist injury lawyers have experience winning cases like yours and can provide you with immediate legal representation anywhere in WA.
Our personal injury lawyers can help
If you’ve been injured or harmed due to an accident that wasn’t your fault, you’re probably wondering where you stand. To clear things up a bit we have created this page to help you understand your rights and responsibilities when something unexpected happens.
If your accident happened in Perth, or anywhere else in Western Australia, a personal injury lawyer can help you start the legal process of recovering financial recompense. To be eligible your accident must have happened because of someone else’s careless or negligent behaviour.
Negligence in the State of Western Australia is governed by the Civil Liability Act 2002.
We advise anyone that thinks they might have a claim to take action as soon as possible because in most instances there is a three-year limitation period associated with claiming.
What types of claims can we help you with?
Our personal injury lawyers in Perth provide the following no win no fee services and can assist you with:
- Making an ICWA claim or lodging a report if you have been injured in a road traffic accident, or
- filing a claim if you have been injured during the course of your employment in WA, or
- finding the person who owed you a duty of care after an accident in a common domain, or
- seeking victims compensation and justice after being injured in a crime, or
- claiming for a negligent act or omission committed during a procedure in WA, or
- lodging a TPD lump sum financial recompense claim, or
- all general injury-related insurance and superannuation claims services
If we have omitted to mention your situation above, call us on 08 6118 1673 as we might still be able to help.
What is the personal injury claims process?
Before any legal action can go ahead, a personal injury lawyer must, first of all, determine whether or not you have a genuine case.
If you do, the claims process will look something like this.
- Your lawyer will discuss your individual circumstances to gain a deep understanding of what suffering you’ve endured or expect to endure as a result of your accident.
- They will then let you know what your chances of success will be and discuss their legal fees. This way there are no surprises further down the line.
- If you are happy to go ahead, you will sign a conditional costs agreement and legal action will commence.
- Evidence will be gathered to support your accusation which will be used to notify the party responsible for causing your injuries, with the details of your claim.
- The other party will then accept or reject the allegations made against them. If they reject them, your lawyer will then gather further evidence to prove they were the ones at fault.
- Once liability is confirmed, your lawyer will fight to get you the highest compensation award possible. The other party may make several offers along the way which you can choose to accept or decline.
It’s good to note that a high percentage of claims in Perth get settled without going to court. If you need help or support regarding your situation, you can call us on 08 6118 1673. Millner and Knight are one of Perth’s largest and most trusted injury claims companies.
Financially risk-free claiming
We help people when other firms can’t.
All cases undertaken by our personal injury lawyers in Perth are handled according to our risk free guarantee. This means when you make a claim with us, if for some reason your case is not successful, you won’t be left out of pocket. The only time you will be required to pay towards the legal costs is when we win your case.
Prior to our lawyers starting work they will discuss their costs with you in great detail before you sign any paperwork, this way there are no hidden surprises. If and only when your case is a success, is when the legal fees that you agreed upon are deducted from your final settlement.
It’s worth noting that the losing side, which is normally an insurance company will pay a large part of your legal costs.
How much compensation can I get?
There is no one size fits all solution we can use when it comes to calculating your claim. The amount of money owed to plaintiffs depends on the severity of their injuries and the State in which they suffered them.
Some of the main things a solicitor will consider when negotiating your claim will include.
- Any time off work and lost earnings
- Any future lost earnings
- Any changes in your ability to work
- Care or support, even if given to you for free by family or friends
- Any adaptations you might need to your home or motor vehicle
- Travel and accommodation expenses
At this stage it is impossible to give you an accurate estimation of what you could receive however, you can make your own assessment online using our online estimation tool.
How to find the best injury lawyer to act for you
With over 60,000 Australian lawyers, how do you find the best one?
Anyone who practices personal injury law in Perth must be fully qualified however, the level of skill and experience amongst lawyers varies dramatically.
Solicitors tend to specialise in many different areas of law. For example, one lawyer might specialise in housing contacts, while another might specialise in business contacts. It is widely known that choosing someone who specialises in personal injury will give yourself the best chance of being successful and achieving a maximum settlement. We have some of the most successful legal practitioners on our panel and specialise in all areas of injury law.
To inquire about making a claim with our winning team, call 08 6118 1673 and you won’t be under any obligations when you do.
Do I need to hire a local personal injury law firm?
These days there is no need to hire a lawyer in Perth to handle your claim because most successful companies now have a national footprint. However, if you do decide to instruct one of the national law firms to act on your behalf, it’s important to find out if they are partnered with medical centres in your locality. The reason being, as part of the claims process you will need to attend a medical assessment to have your injuries looked at by a professional.
Millner and Knight is a fully integrated, national claims management company with solicitors and medical centres located throughout the whole of Western Australia.
There are two ways in which you can get the ball rolling with your compensation either call us on 08 6118 1673 or start your case online. Remember all calls are confidential and we will never pressure you into starting a claim with us.
Start your claim
12/17 Prowse St,
West Perth WA 6005,
Call 08 6118 1673
Monday – Friday: 9am – 6pm
Closed Public Holidays
Millner and Knight’s WA head office is located just opposite the beautiful Totterdell Park. You can find us on level 2 Kobold House, 12/17 Prowse Street West Perth, WA, 6005
How we can help
We specialise in all areas of personal injury law and ensure that cases are handled by lawyers with experience handling claims like yours.