Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

If you’ve been injured in a road traffic accident and something feels wrong, Millner and Knight can make it right.

The legislation regarding motor vehicle accident compensation varies throughout Australia. For this reason, we have created separate pages with specific legal information for each jurisdiction.

To speak to someone regarding your experience call 1800 106 107. We can quickly help you understand your rights and make you aware of any entitlements.

Making a road traffic accident (RTA) claim with us

When you call us, an assessment will be performed based on your individual circumstances to find out whether you have a valid case. If so you will be able to make your claim on a no win no risk basis.

However, before you sign any paperwork you will be fully informed of the following:

  • The likeliness of your claim being successful
  • recent motor vehicle accident compensation payouts
  • how much your claim could be worth
  • legal fees and other expenses
  • how long your claim will take to settle

This way there will be no hidden surprises.

We will then leave it up to you to make the decision as to whether claiming compensation is right for you or not. If you decide that it is, and you want to make your claim with us, our lawyers will get the ball rolling and legal proceedings will commence.

We will always keep you updated as your claim progresses so that you will never feel like you have been left in the dark. If you require clarification regarding your legal matter at any time, we are just one free phone call away.

Our legal panel have negotiated hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation with compulsory third party insurers. In fact, our experts deal with insurance providers on a daily basis.

How long do you have to make a road accident claim?

Please note, that claims for injuries suffered in motor vehicle accidents have strict time limits. For this reason, you should seek legal advice regarding your situation at the earliest opportunity to ensure you don’t lose your right to compensation.

Each state has its own rules and regulations, however, all claims should be made as soon as practically possible. In some states, drivers and pedestrians involved in such accidents have as little as 28 days to launch their accident notification claim. Passengers who have been involved in accidents should also follow this requirement.

The best way to know for sure is to speak to a solicitor at Millner and Knight for free impartial advice.

Personal injury and fatal accidents have a statute of limitations within six months of the incident, but this can be extended.

“I think I’ve missed the deadline”

Please don’t worry if you believe you have left it too late to take legal action because in many cases our specialists have been able to persuade the courts to grant an extension. However, we can only do this if your accident was the result of another party’s negligence. If your unsure about timeframes or anything else regarding your matter you can call our experts free on 1800 106 107.

Our years of experience will ensure you get the compensation and apology you deserve.

What types of RTA claims do we handle

We handle all claim in all states including:

Please do not worry if we have omitted to mention your experience in the list above as we will likely still be able to help you.

Knowing who’s at fault in a road accident

We understand how confusing being involved in a road accident can be. Incidents involving motor vehicles usually transpire quite quickly, which makes it difficult to determine what happened in clear, unambiguous terms.

If you’re unsure of who’s at fault for your RTA, you can discuss your situation for free with one of our specialists. They can easily determine who’s at fault using their decades worth of knowledge and experience representing plaintiffs with claims like yours.

Contact us now for free to find out where you stand.

Accidents caused by adverse road conditions

In some cases, adverse road conditions may have been to blame for your accident. Even in these circumstances, we might still be able to help you make a successful claim. This can include infrastructure failure (dim or non-functioning street lights), cracks or slippage in the road, uncleaned spills, etc. If this is the case, you may have grounds for a claim because the car accident could have occurred beyond your reasonable control. Claims like these are mostly made against the organisation responsible for the road which is normally your local council, or  State or Territory Road Traffic Authority. Our legal panel is well versed in obtaining maximum settlements from authorities.

To find if your eligible to make a claim, call our road injury specialists on 1800 106 107, or start your claim online. All calls are free and you won’t be pressured into starting your claim with us.

How much compensation can I get?

There is no one size fits all when it comes to assessing how much money is owed to victims.

Compensation payouts for road traffic accidents vary depending on the severity of your injuries and the State in which your accident took place.

Some of the main variables a lawyer will consider when negotiating your compensation will include.

  • Any time off work and lost earnings
  • Any future lost earnings
  • Any changes in your ability to work
  • Care or support, even if given to you for free by family or friends
  • Any adaptations you might need to your home or motor vehicle
  • Travel and accommodation expenses

Although at this stage we can’t give you an accurate estimation, you can make your own assessment using our online evaluation tool.

Maximum road accident compensation payouts

Compensation payouts for road accidents differ from case to case.

The level of compensation awarded to a victim will be determined by three major factors:

  • The severity of their injuries
  • Financial losses they have incurred, and are liable to incur due to incapacitation
  • Their level of culpability in causing the accident

One or a combination of these can influence how much your MVA claim could be worth. To find out more about how much you may be entitled to claim, give Millner and Knight a call on 1800 106 107.

Facts about road trauma and fatal road accidents

According to the Australian Government Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, the number of road fatalities per 100,000 people was 5.37 in 2016. The annual amount of injuries requiring hospitalisation was 152.6 per 100,000 people. The hospitalised injury rate was 27 times the population-based rate for fatalities. This has increased to nearly double since 2002 (16 times the fatality rate.)

Despite many Federal and State government initiatives designed to decrease the number of claims, these accidents, however unfortunate, can occur.

According to OnePath Life Research “optimistic Australians” survey (December 2008), 89% of respondents didn’t think they’d ever experience a life-changing accident that would prevent them working in the next 20 years.

Despite the optimistic outlook, an accident can occur when you least expect it.

How to start your claim

Being involved in any type of road accident can be a traumatic and painful process. It can feel especially harrowing if the incident occurred through no fault of your own. Our team have negotiated some of the highest road-related injury settlements in Australia. The best way to get the ball rolling with your compensation is to give our legal advisors a call for a free, no-obligation consultation.

Why Millner and Knight?

Every day we help people injured in no-fault MVA’s start their journey to compensation. When you call us, we’ll never ask or pressure you into starting your claim with us. You will receive tailored legal advice from a legal representative who specialises in cases like yours.

At the end of our phone call, it’s up to you whether you decide to take things further or not. If you wish to proceed, we can provide you with first-class legal representation anywhere in Australia.