Do you need help with a new or ongoing claim? If so our worker’s compensation lawyers acting in Melbourne and throughout the state can give you the advice you need with no obligation.
- As of 2020, the amount of total standard claims reported by Worksafe Victoria is 26,429 which worked out to be 6.23 claims per million hours worked.
- The average claim size for the fiscal year amounted to $77,741, however, this doesn’t include complex outstanding matters which could significantly increase the ACS.
- In total 24 workers lost their lives in the state.
- If you or a loved one has endured a physical or psychological injury in the workplace Millner and Knight can help.
- Our statewide panel of expert workers compensation lawyers can help you with any type of claims including common law claims
- All matters are handled according to strict conditional costs agremeents
Our workers compensation lawyers can help.
Every day we help injured workers start their journey towards compensation. If you have suffered a work-related injury or illness, or are suffering due to the aggravation of a pre-existing condition, our workers’ compensation lawyers can help. Under the ‘no-fault’ scheme in Melbourne and Victoria, we can even help you claim if the accident or incident which brought on your suffering was wholly or partly your fault.
What can we help you claim for?
- weekly payments to supplement your lost wages;
- medical expenses including rehabilitation and care;
- any travel expenses you or a loved on incurred;
- a lump sum permanent impairment benefit;
- and a common-law claim.
To discuss your matter with a workers compensation lawyer who has experience winning cases like your call now on 03 8804 5769. We can let you know in minutes whether or not we can help and if we can, we will do so on a no win no charge basis.
Things to know about workers’ compensation in Victoria
Workers compensation insurance provides compensation to employees who have become injured or ill because of their work. It is compulsory for Victorian employers and is funded by their contributions.
Workers compensation insurance may cover:
- replacement of lost income
- medical, rehabilitation and treatment costs
- lump-sum compensation in the event of a serious injury.
- lost superannuation entitlements
- damages for pain and suffering
- economic loss
However, it’s not always easy for employees to access these entitlements after being injured at work.
All too often our lawyers speak with people in Melbourne and Victoria who are being denied their rights to workers compensation. Some of the most common reasons are:
- A large number of the companies workforce are currently on workers comp, or
- a new case could result in a lost-time injury for the employer and affect them pricing future contacts, or
- management is more concerned about rising insurance premiums than their employee’s wellbeing.
Whatever the reason, this is not your problem and you should not be denied your legal right to workers compensation because it’s not convenient for your employer.
If you’ve had an accident in Melbourne or Victoria and are unsure about your rights and entitlements you can call us to have your matter assessed for free by a lawyer who handles cases just like yours. Alternatively, you can start your claim online and we’ll call you back.
How to lodge your claim
To lodge a workers compensation claim you will need to:
- Report your work-related injury or illness to your employer within 30 days of becoming aware of your injury.
- Complete the Worker’s Injury Claim Form. Note there are different forms for different circumstances.
- When completing a claim form, make sure you list all the work-related injuries or illnesses for which you intend to claim compensation for.
- If you experience any difficulties during the initial process feel free to give us a call on 03 8804 5769.
- Be sure to keep copies of both your medical certificate and claim form for future reference.
You can speak to a WorkCover specialist at Millner and Knight regarding your situation to ensure you receive every bit of workers compensation you deserve.
To find out if you are eligible to make a workers’ compensation claim you can contact us for instant clarification. We have offices located throughout Victoria so no matter where you are located, we won’t be far away.
What can our workers’ compensation lawyers help you with?
Some of the most common types of injuries suffered at work include
- Back injuries
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Eye injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- asbestos claims
- noise-induced hearing loss.
We can also help you with many types of different workplace accident scenarios such as:
- Falls from Height
- Hit by Falling Object
- Constructions Site Accidents
- Crushed by Moving Vehicle
- Factory Accidents Claims
- FIFO Accident Claims
- Machinery Accidents
- Wrong PPE Claims
If you’ve been injured, it’s best to seek independent legal advice as soon as practically possible. For free advice you can on 03 8804 5769 or start online now. Your call will be taken by our experienced customer service consultants who will ask you a couple of quick questions regarding your circumstances before connecting you to a lawyer who specialises in WorkCover and workers compensation matter like yours.
We can also help you if you’ve been involved in an auto accident travelling to or from work.
My workers’ compensation has been rejected
If your case has been rejected you also have the right to appeal the decision. You may be able to use your sick leave or other accrued leave if you have any.
Your options are
- Contact a legal professional if you haven’t already.
- Speak to your employer
- Contact the state regulator Victoria on 1800 136 089
- Ask for a review of the decision.
- Contact the Accident Compensation Conciliation Service
- Speak to a Union representative
If you or somebody you love has had a workers compensation case rejected, we can make it right. Call us on 03 8804 5769 or enquire online.