Voiced by Amazon Polly

Our workers compensation lawyers servicing Perth and greater Western Australia handle all types of WorkCover claims on a no win no charge basis.


  • As of 2019, the most recent annual publication by Workcover WA showed the total number of workers’ compensation claims lodged to be 28,161, a decrease of 2,730 from the previous lodgement year
  • Scheme payments for the fiscal year totalled $887.5 million
  • Studies show that for numerous reasons many workplace injuries go unreported
  • Don’t be fooled by thinking your employer and their insurance company has your best interests at heart
  • If you’ve suffered a physical injury in the workplace or if your psychological health has been affected as a result, Millner and Knight can help
  • Our panel of expert workers compensation lawyers servicing Perth and WA can help you with any type of Workcover matters including common law claims
  • All claims are handled according to our strict risk free policy

What to know about workers’ compensation in WA

In Western Australia, employers are required by law to take out insurance for their employees. This means that if you become injured in the workplace you might be eligible to make a claim for workers’ compensation through WorkCover WA

WorkCover is a type of wage replacement system, however, many claimants find that getting their replacement wages while they are off work can be a difficult task. In many cases, recipients of workers compensation payments feel as if their employer and the insurance company go to extreme measures to not pay them their entitlements.

At Millner and Knight our workers compensation lawyers acting in Perth and WA help people every day understand their rights and responsibilities when it comes to recovering any money, they are rightfully owed.

If you’re having trouble accessing your entitlements, or feel as if your employer is putting their best interests before yours, you can call us for a free no obligation consultation on 08 6118 1673. Our lawyers will communicate with you in a language you can understand, cutting out the legal jargon and ensuring your interests are being put first.

How to make a Workcover WA claim

If you’ve been injured and would like to make a claim with WorkCover WA, you should follow these steps

  1. Immediately seek first aid and report the injury to your employer.
  2. Visit your doctor or GP and get a First Certificate of Capacity
  3. Fill out a claims form.
  4. Give the certificate and claim form to your employer but make sure you keep copies for yourself


You can speak to an expert at Millner and Knight regarding your situation to ensure you receive every bit of compensation you deserve.

Do you need to down the common law route?

Types of work-related injuries

Some of the most common types of injuries suffered at work include

We can also help you with many types of different workplace accident scenarios such as:

If you’ve been involved in an accident, it’s best to seek legal advice to find out where you stand. You can call us free today on 08 6118 1673. Your call will be taken by our experienced customer service consultants who will ask you some questions regarding your individual circumstances before transferring you to a lawyer who specialises in Workers compensation claims like yours.

We can also help you if you suffered injuries in an auto accident travelling to or from work.

My workers compensation has been declined or pended

It is not unusual that a genuine claim can get disputed by WorkCover, if this has happened to you it means that no payments will be made to you from the insurer. It may also be the case that your claim has been put on hold while the insurer waits for further information regarding your circumstances. In these instances, the insurer then has another 10 days to make a decision. If your claims is still pended after another 10 days it will be deemed in dispute. At this point, you will need to lodge an application for conciliation.

If you are in the above situation, you may feel as if your rights are being violated and you could also be struggling financially, if so it’s important to reach out for legal advice as soon as possible.

Workcover WA contact details

If you need to speak with WorkCover WA regarding your work injury claim, here are some useful contact details:


Calls within Australia: 1300 794 744

Alternatively, you can call: (08) 9388 5555

Opening Hours:

Monday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Saturday: CLOSED

Sunday: CLOSED

Closed Public Holidays

Postal Address

If you need to contact WorkCover WA by post, you can do so using the following address:

2 Bedbrook Place,

Shenton Park

WA  6008


08 9388 5550

Online Enquiries

For online enquiries visit: https://www.workcover.wa.gov.au/contact-us/

Online Services

If you need to lodge a WorkCover claim or make a workplace safety complaint you can visit: https://online.workcover.wa.gov.au/