Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

Agricultural work and farming accidents are a major cause of workplace injuries in Western Australia. It doesn’t matter where it happened, we are here to help.

Millner and knight have two conveniently located Perth offices within walking distance from the city bus and train stations. If you’re driving here there’s plenty of on-street parking and a number of multistorey car parks in the immediate vicinity.

12/17 Prowse St, West Perth WA 6005 – Get Directions

St Martins, Tower, Level 27/44 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000 – Get Directions

To book an appointment please call 08 6206 8080.

Our work injury experts offer free impartial advice and will not pressure you into taking things further.

Farm accident compensation

Farms can be dangerous places. Working with heavy machinery, large animals and harmful dust and chemicals can cause injuries when proper safety procedures aren’t in place. Your employer or contractor has a responsibility to keep you safe at work. If they’ve failed to uphold their duty of care, then they’ve put you at unacceptable risk. Farmworkers aren’t the only ones who might suffer; guests and visitors to farms are also at risk.

If you or your loved one suffered injuries in an agricultural accident then it’s likely we can help.

You can get in touch with our friendly, legally trained advisors who handle agribusiness and farm accident claims on 1800 106 107 for free, helpful advice. There’s never any obligation to claim. All calls with us are confidential, and our advisors will be happy to let you know whether you’re eligible for no win no charge.

What Your Compensation Could Cover

When calculating the amount of compensation owed to you, your lawyer will account for costs in time and money incurred by you and your family. This means your compensation could cover the expenses of:

  • Time off work
  • Medical treatment
  • Travel costs
  • Accommodation
  • Out of hospital care
  • Home modifications
  • And any other expenses caused by your injury.

Your compensation could also reimburse you for pain and suffering, as well as impacts on your social life.

Our lawyers measure each case on an individual basis, which means we can’t tell you exactly how much you’ll receive before starting your claim.

You Could Still Claim If You’re Self-Employed

Many people believe that if you’re self-employed then you can’t make a claim for an accident at work. This is not true.

Farmworkers are often self-employed working under contract by bigger businesses. If the business you’re working for has control over an unsafe working environment, then they’re responsible for your accident and you may be able to make a compensation claim.

For more information, or to find out whether you have a claim, you can get in touch with our advisors for confidential and compassionate advice on 1800 106 107

Causes of Farm Accidents

There are many different hazards on farms that cause injury. Below are some examples:

  • Dangerous machinery, such as tractors and forklift trucks
  • Dangerous cattle and livestock
  • Falls from height
  • Falling objects, for example in stores or warehouses
  • Chemicals and dangerous substances
  • Grain silos and slurry pits, which can cause drowning or asphyxiation
  • Industrial noise without ear protection
  • Farm tool vibration (jackhammers, etc.)

Is your injury not listed? Not to worry: if a doctor can attest to your injury, then there’s a good chance we can help you. You can call us on 1800 106 107 to find out whether we think you’re entitled to claim

Types of Farm Injury

Agricultural accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries. You could sustain a strain or sprain due to a slip, trip or fall, or suffer a serious, life-changing injury with grave consequences.

Exposure to asbestos may lead to long-term illness such as asbestosis or mesothelioma, while contaminants and chemicals can lead to painful conditions like dermatitis.

Don’t discount your suffering – highlighting unsafe practices by making a claim can help others avoid injury.

Farmer’s lung

A common respiratory injury is farmer’s lung.

Farmer’s lung is also known as allergic alveolitis, hypersensitivity elveolitis and hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

Breathing in the dust from mouldy hay or crops over time causes an allergy. Symptoms of farmer’s lung can include shortness of breath, fever, coughing and chest pains.

Your employer should take measures to reduce the risk of farmer’s lung. This includes providing proper ventilation, ensuring a dry crop before it’s stored and provision of a robust dust mask. If they’ve failed to do this, then you may be able to make a compensation claim.

How to Start a Claim

The first step is to get in touch with our legally trained advisors on 1800 106 107. Want a call back? Use our online form instead.

All calls are free and confidential, and we’ll take you through the claims process step by step so you know exactly what to expect.

We’ll talk with you about your experience and can let you know whether we think you can make a claim and if it’s eligible for a ‘no win, no fee’ arrangement.

There’s never an obligation to proceed. We can put you in touch with one of our specialists if you choose to make a claim. We aim to keep the process as straightforward and stress free as possible, speaking in clear English. Once you’re set up, your lawyer takes care of all the