Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

We handle all workplace chemical injury claims on a no win no payment basis and can provide you with free impartial advice regarding compensation anywhere in Perth or WA.

Millner and knight have two conveniently located Perth offices within walking distance from the city bus and train stations. If you’re driving here there’s plenty of on-street parking and a number of multistorey car parks in the immediate vicinity.

12/17 Prowse St, West Perth WA 6005 – Get Directions

St Martins, Tower, Level 27/44 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000 – Get Directions

To book an appointment please call 08 6206 8080.

Our work injury experts offer free impartial advice and will not pressure you into taking things further.

What is a chemical injury?

Chemical injuries are generally inflicted by a liquid or gas irritant, these irritant contacts your skin or eyes and causes physical damage. This can lead to skin conditions such as dermatitis and eye injuries. Chemical burn injuries can also have long-term effects such as partial or complete blindness.

Some chemical injuries are slow onset injuries, as symptoms may not be immediately visible. This means that medical treatment could be delayed making effects more severe. The severity of a chemical injury varies, as different skin types react unpredictably to certain chemicals.

If you’ve suffered a chemical injury due to someone else’s negligence, you should be able to make a claim with us.

Unsure when to get help with workers comp?

Why Millner and Knight?

Our industrial injury lawyers are committed to getting you maximum personal injury compensation for you or your loved one. Every day we help people who have suffered unnecessarily start their journey towards compensation.

When you call us, you will not feel pressured into commencing a WorkCover claim with us. You will receive tailored advice regarding your circumstances and be able to speak with a lawyer who has experience in claims like yours.

At the end of our phone call, it’s up to you whether you wish to take things further or not. If you do, we can provide you with first-class legal representation anywhere in Australia.

Millner and Knight have branches in all major cities and throughout each state.

Did your chemical injury happen while at work in WA?

Chemical injuries are common in the workplace as many chemicals used in industrial plants and settings are harmful to human health. It’s important that your employer adheres to the correct safety regulations at all times to reduce the risk of accidents.

Your employer must keep you safe from hazardous materials while you’re in the workplace as is obligated under OH&S policies. If they’ve failed in their duty of care and you have become injured as a result, you should be eligible for compensation.

Chemicals are found in many different industries and workplaces. One can find thousands of different liquid and gas chemicals – even in the same workplace.

The Control of Hazardous Substances is a stipulation in the OH&S Act and provides guidance to employers and employees on managing all types of hazardous substances in the workplace. This includes:

  • Carrying out safe working method statements (SWMS)
  • Providing staff with adequate training
  • Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) and special safety equipment, such as eye goggles, to protect against injuries
  • Regular cleaning
  • Storing substances in the correct way

If your employer failed to follow the safety regulations and you were injured due to negligence, then you should be eligible to make a compensation claim.

Claiming against your employer

Many people we help are initially concerned about making a claim because they think they’ll be treated differently by their employer, or even unfairly dismissed. A claim should have no bearing on your employer’s treatment of you when it is successful. If your employer dismisses you due to your claim it would be considered unfair dismissal and you have the right to take legal action.

Millner and Knight is not in the business of putting workers out of work. Claims generally target your employer’s insurance company as the basis of compensation. Successful WorkSafe claims often highlight safety issues in the workplace, which means we can prevent further injuries.

The compensation we claim on your behalf may recoup costs incurred by unemployment, rehabilitation, or hiring carers.

No win no costs

All of our work injury specialists will help you make your claim via a conditional costs agreement. This reduces any financial risk to you in the event your claim is unsuccessful.

Note: in rare cases, we cannot offer a CCA, but if this applies to you, we will let you know before you start your claim.

You can get in touch with our legal advisors on 1800 106 107 to find out if you have a claim, or request a call at a time convenient to you.

How much compensation can I get?

There is no one size fits all solution we can use when it comes to calculating your compensation.

The amount of compensation owed to plaintiffs depends on the severity of their injuries and the State in which they suffered them.

Some of the main things a solicitor will consider when negotiating your compensation will include.

  • Any time off work and lost earnings
  • Any future lost earnings
  • Any changes in your ability to work
  • Care or support, even if given to you for free by family or friends
  • Any adaptations you might need to your home or motor vehicle
  • Travel and accommodation expenses

At this stage it is impossible to give you an accurate estimation of what you could receive however, you can make your own assessment online.

What to do next

If you have suffered a chemical injury, and require guidance to make a claim, we can assist. We have helped countless people gain compensation for accidents, caused by negligence or no fault of your own. To begin your chemical injury claim, call us on 1800 106 107. Our legally trained advisors will listen to what you have to say and let you know where you stand.

Alternatively, you can start your claim online and we’ll call you back.

Calls are taken by legally trained advisors. Our advisors are intensively trained in handling processes designed by our top legal experts. This means they have the requisite knowledge to determine your needs. During our call, we will need to ask you a few questions about your accident and injury. If you feel uncomfortable or nervous speaking about your experience at any time let us know.  Our goal is to help you and provide you with free advice about making a claim.

We don’t ask frivolous or leading questions, and we’ll never force you into answering if you’re uncomfortable about discussing an aspect of your injury. Our aim is to make your claims process as easy and stress-free as possible. If we believe you have a claim and you grant us your permission to continue, then we’ll select the right person from our team and put you in contact with them directly.