Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

If you are insured with Bingle and have recently been in a crash you may need to speak with them. They will be able to assist in your insurance enquiries. Here are some useful contact details:

Online Enquiries

Bingle only offers online services


24-hour response

What to do after a Car Accident

Dealing with the aftermath of a vehicle collision can be very stressful and time-consuming and stressful. Mishaps are unfortunately unforeseeable and even those who are vigilant, careful drivers are still at risk of being involved in a car accident.

Reckless, influenced or inexperienced drivers definitely increase the chances of being involved in a fender bender at least once in their lifetime.

Safety First

Firstly, you need to safely stop your car and engine and move a safe area. Always put your hazard lights on to warn passing drivers of a possible hazard. It would be recommended to check whether the other driver needs medical attention and also good to check the extent of the damage.

The next step would be to assess the scene and decide whether police attendance is warranted. Police do not need to attend a vehicle mishap unless:

  • Anyone is trapped, injured or killed
  • Anyone involved failed to exchange details
  • Any of the drivers appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol


  • Police are needed to direct traffic or hazards
  • A bus or truck needs towing
  • There are hazards present- leaking fluids, broken power poles, etc…
  • Issues requiring police assistance- violence, criminal behaviour, etc…

You may also need to notify your States third party insurance provider.

Non-Emergency Vehicle Collision

When exchanging information with the other driver try to get as much information as possible:

  • Name
  • Driver’s licence Details
  • Phone Number
  • Insurance details
  • Licence Plate details
  • Make and Model of Vehicle

You are obligated to make a police report within 24 hours of the vehicle incident. You can contact the police on the non-emergency line on 131 444.

Call your Insurer

You should give your insurer a quick phone call to update your insurer regarding the vehicle mishap. Even if you are not at fault it is a good idea to advise your insurer of the accident details and the other party also.

If you are hurt

When you’ve been injured in a vehicle collision you can try to claim for an injury entitlement. If the injuries were caused by the accident, then all you need to do is prove that the other party was responsible for your injuries.

There are a few things to do if you have been hurt:

  • Seek medical attention
  • Reduce Hazards
  • Advise police of injury in a police report
  • If any above requirements are met, then request police attendance
  • Take photos
  • Make sure to monitor injuries with a doctor or medical professional
  • Obtain legal advice

Millner and Knight

You can also use our site to answer any question you may have regarding your motor vehicle compensation claim:

If you have suffered an injury whilst driving a car, as a passenger or on public transport. We have local specialists who can assist you in your compensation inquiry. It’s best to seek legal advice to know your options to make an educated decision.

Troubles finding a temporary vehicle?

If you are finding it difficult to arrange a hire car through your insurer, call Millner and Knight today on 1800 106 107 and speak to our dedicated team. We can help you organise a no charge hire car if the accident is not your fault. Whilst seeking legal advice we can provide you with an accident replacement vehicle.

Related Pages

1. Make a road accident injury claim in WA?

We have a panel of specialist lawyers who have spent decades dealing with the States insurance commission

2. Claim for injuries suffered in a no fault MVA in QLD

Rest assured if you have been involved in a road accident in QLD our expert CTP lawyers can help

3. Lawyers for motor vehicle accidents in Victoria

Our lawyers can guide you through the claims process to ensure a maximum payout from the TAC

4. What is the no win no dramas guarantee?

Find out today if you can take advantage of our no win no pay claims service.