Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

Have you been involved in a no-fault road accident? If you need help making a claim against an insurer, our CTP claims lawyers can help.

Millner and knights Brisbane office is located within walking distance from the city bus and train stations. If you’re driving here there’s plenty of on-street parking and a number of multistorey car parks in the immediate vicinity.

Level 19/10 Eagle St, Brisbane City QLD 4000– Get Directions

To book an appointment please call 07 2000 4214

We also operate from numerous office locations throughout greater Queensland. Contact us to find your nearest location.

Our Qld motor injury specialists offer free impartial advice and will not pressure you into taking things further.

What is CTP or compulsory third-party insurance?

By law, in Australia, all drivers must be covered by a minimum of compulsory third-party insurance CTP. In some states, CTP forms part of your car registration which will be automatically applied when you renew your rego. in other states you have an option to purchase insurance from third-party providers such as APIA, RAC and Allianz.

CTP is a compulsory insurance policy designed to protect drivers from claims made against them if they are found to be at fault in a motor vehicle accident.

Each state has its own rules, regulations and providers of third-party insurance.

  • In Victoria insurance is provided by the transport accident commission.
  • In New South Wales, Queensland and SA it is provided by third parties.
  • In WA, insurance is controlled by the insurance commission of Western Australia.

What does CTP cover you for in Brisbane and Queensland?

CTP insurance covers the vehicle owner or person who drives the motor vehicle.

The policy works on a fault basis and includes claims for liability such as death or injury to other parties caused by negligence on behalf of the owner or driver.

It also covers the cost of medical treatment for injuries suffered in an accident.

Can I make a CTP claim if I wasn’t at fault for my accident?

Any person injured in a no-fault accident can claim compensation for their injuries. If you’ve suffered injuries in a road accident that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to make a claim. For more information, or to find out whether you are eligible, speak to our legal advisors for free. You can also try our claims eligibility checker.

How can our Brisbane based CTP lawyers help you with?

Millner and Knight have a national panel of CTP claims lawyers who specialise in road accidents. Our team have decades of experience when it comes to dealing with insurers in every state and territory. So no matter where your accident took place, we can help.

Some of the most common types of CTP claims we deal with are;

If you need help or advice about claiming for your road traffic accident speak to a lawyer today on 1800 106 107

What about paying upfront fees?

If you were not at fault for your accident, then you will most likely be eligible to make a risk free claim. However, only a lawyer can make this decision after assessing your case.

If you are eligible, you will be offered a free no-obligation consultation to discuss your options in further detail. Your lawyer will be able to let you know what the likelihood of your case being successful will be, and what you can expect to achieve.

What if I lose my case?

Millner and Knight are 100% No, Win, No Fee. If for some reason your claim for compensation is unsuccessful then you won’t be left out of pocket. Our guarantee states that if you lose your case, you will not be required to pay any of your legal fees.

What if I win my case?

If you win your CTP claim, all your compensation will be yours to keep, apart from your lawyer’s legal fees which you will have already agreed on.

Their fees will be deducted from your final settlement when your lawyer receives it.

It’s good to know that the losing party or compulsory third-party insurer usually pays a large percentage of your legal fees.

How can a CTP lawyer help me get compensation for my injuries?

The amount of compensation you’re entitled to will depend on the severity of your injuries.

When making a claim against a CTP insurer, there is no one size fits all solution.

Lawyers at Millner and Knight handle all claims on a case by case basis.

To find out how much you could be owed speak to one of our legal advisors on 1800 106 107. All calls are free, and you won’t feel pressured into claiming with us.

Alternatively, try our compulsory third party insurance claim calculator to find out how much you could be entitled to.

What Next

There are a couple of ways in which you can make a claim. The best way to start is to have your case assessed by a lawyer who specialises in road accident compensation.

You can also lodge a claim yourself with the relevant insurance company. However, to achieve maximum compensation settlements hiring a lawyer is advised.

My crash happened in my hometown, do I need to hire a local CTP lawyer?

It is no longer necessary to hire a lawyer in the state where your accident happened.

Many of the top law firms now operate nationwide so if you decide to instruct a national firm to act on your behalf, just make sure they are partnered with medical centres in your vicinity.

This is because as part of the CTP claims process you will be required to attend a medical to have your injuries assessed.

We have specialist CTP lawyers and medical centres throughout every state.

So, no matter where your accident took place, we will help you get the compensation you deserve.