How much do lawyers charge for tpd claims?
Total and permanent disability claims through a superannuation fund often require a lot less work than other types of claims. That being said, before you engage any of Millner and Knights experts to act on your behalf, we will ensure that you know exactly how much our lawyers charge for TPD claims.
Call us now on 1800 106 107. All calls are free and you won’t be under any obligations when you do.
How lawyers charge for TPD claims
In many instances, our TPD lawyers are able to offer clients fixed fee costs agreements. For example, the total cost for your solicitor’s professional fees and disbursements could amount to $10,000. You also have the added assurance that members of Millner and Knights legal panel handle all matters according to our strict no win no fee policy.
So what are professional fees and disbursements?
Professional fees are what your lawyer will charge you for their time and disbursements are third party costs, for example, medical reports.
See full TPD terms and conditions here.
Why fo fees for TPD claims vary?
Fees between law firms can vary tremendously, and like with any other service you get what you pay for. Common factors which justify charging higher rates include:
- Expertise – lawyers who focus on a particular area of law will often cost more than an all-rounder.
- Seniority – in law firm hierarchy you may have partners, associates, junior lawyers and paralegals. All bill different hourly rates.
- Effort – Some lawyers may advise you to settle early for a lesser payout however they may still receive the same fees. In many cases, it is worth pushing harder to get a bigger payout as it may only minimally increase the fees.
So why would you agree to pay more? Find out about the benefits of legal assistance.
Before you agree to anything or sign any paperwork it’s a good idea to shop about. Compare the legal fees from as many different law firms as possible and ask them what they can bring to the table. If one firm quotes more than another, ask them why? there may well be a very justifiable reason.
Why choose Millner and Knight?
Our national footprint puts us in am extremely good position to handle TPD claims. Furthermore, we have experts who prefer handling these types of claims and do so with passion.
5 reasons why people choose us include:
- Free initial advice without any pressure to proceed
- Get a clear estimation of how much your claims worth from the outset
- Your claim will be handled as fast and economically as possible
- Our lawyers won’t charge you if your TPD claim is not successful
- Maximum compensation payout
Why not check out our dedicated claims page here.
It costs nothing to call us to find out how much our lawyers will charge you specifically to make your TPD claim. We take calls in a cool confidential environment and any advice you receive will be completely free and impartial. We can usually identify whether or not you have the right to claim within about 5 minutes, however, in some cases, we may require some additional info such as med certs and policy information.
If you have a claim, we’ll leave it to you to decide whether or not you want to engage us, no pressure, no commitment.
When you make your mind up or if you already know you want to proceed, we’ll provide you with immediate legal representation anywhere in Australia.
Call us free on 1800 106 107 or send us a callback request.
If you don’t feel ready to talk to someone just yet, get an insight into the process here.