Do i have a claim?
Use our online claim checker
How much can i claim?
Use our compensation calculator
Many people involved in car accidents are unsure who or what was at fault. Even after the accident, events may have transpired so quickly it’s difficult to determine just what happened in clear, unambiguous terms.
If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, never admit liability before speaking to a lawyer.
Insurance companies can be very pressing when investigating collisions. This leads many people to feel pressured into making inaccurate statements to insurance companies, police or third parties.
We speak to countless victims of accidents that have been pressured into making statements.
If you are unsure who is at fault for causing the accidents, our team of personal injury claim solicitors can make this determination using their decades’ worth of expertise and knowledge. Call 1800 106 107 for a no-obligation conversation about your situation and to see if you have grounds to make a car accident compensation claim.
What to do if you have been in a collision:
- Seek medical attention if you or anyone else involved is injured
- Take as many photographs as possible of the accident scene
- Exchange details with the other party
- Depending on the severity and location you may need to call the police or other emergency services
- Never admit liability to anyone including the police because you may be wrong
- Evaluate the damage to see whether you can drive the vehicle or not
- Try and get the names and telephone numbers of as many witnesses as you can
- Speak to a lawyer
No matter how minor the accident it’s good to follow the above steps.
This is because you might feel as if there is nothing wrong with your health immediately after an accident later to notice that you are in fact injured.
Injuries such as concussion and whiplash can have a delayed onset so always protect yourself by following the above steps.
If a lawyer determines that you have the right to drive, you might be eligible for a no-charge replacement hire car.