We have a team of dedicated personal injury lawyers in Geraldton ready you make a risk-free compensation claim.
Personal injury claims Geraldton
If you or a loved one has been injured in a no-fault accident you may be entitled to compensation. All claims for compensation in Geraldton are governed by WA’s Civil Liability Act 2002.
For your case to have legal merit you generally must have:
- Been in an accident that wasn’t your fault
- suffered an injury or harm as a result
- be able to prove another person or organisation was responsible
- not be legally barred due to a statute of limitations
Why choose us?
When you make a claim with one of our personal injury lawyers, if for some reason your case is not successful you will not be required to pay for any of his/her legal expenditure. On the other hand, If your case is successful, the legal fees that you will have already agreed on will be deducted from your final settlement.
It’s worth noting that the losing side will normally pay a large part of your legal expenses which means you keep more of your money
How long is the process?
In most cases, claims in WA take more than 12 months to finalise. Minor accidents/small value claims can sometimes be finalised in 12 months. As a rule of thumb, the more complex a matter is, the longer the case will take. For some serious circumstances, it’s not unusual that they take three years or more to settle.
What claims do we accept?
Our personal injury lawyers acting in Geraldton and surrounding areas accept all matters including but not excluding:
- Making an ICWA claim if you have been injured in a road traffic accident, or
- filing a claim if you have been injured during the course of your employment in WA, or
- finding the person who owed you a duty of care after an accident in a common domain, or
- seeking victims compensation and justice after being injured in a crime, or
- claiming for a negligent act or omission committed during a procedure in WA, or
- lodging a TPD lump sum financial recompense claim, or
- all general injury-related insurance and superannuation claims services
If your matter falls outside of any of the above categories please don’t worry as we will probably still be able to help.
What’s my injury claim worth?
There is no one size fits all solution we can use when it comes to calculating your entitlements. The amount owed to plaintiffs depends on the severity of their injuries and how they came about.
Some of the main things a solicitor will consider when negotiating your reimbursements will include.
- Any time off work and lost earnings
- Any future lost earnings
- Any changes in your ability to work
- Care or support, even if given to you for free by family or friends
- Any adaptations you might need to your home or vehicle
- Travel and accommodation expenses
At this stage it is impossible to give you an accurate estimation of what you could receive however, you can make your own assessment online, without having to speak to one of our advisors using our online estimator.
What to do next
You can use our website to find out more information specific to your accident and injuries.
There are two ways in which you can get the ball rolling either call our Geraldton branch on 08 6118 1673 or start your claim online.
Remember all calls are confidential and we will never pressure you into starting a claim with us.
Telephone: 08 6118 1673
Monday – Friday: 9am – 6pm
Closed Public Holidays
- Canning Vale