Our team of specialist personal injury lawyers servicing Bunbury and surrounding areas can help make a successful claim for compensation on a conditional fee basis.
Personal injury claims Bunbury
Claims for compensation in Bunbury and WA are governed by the Civil Liability Act 2002. If you’ve been injured due to no fault of your own then under the Act, you may be entitled to compensation.
Typically you may have a case if you have:
- Been in an accident that wasn’t your fault (not in all cases)
- suffered an injury or harm
- be able to prove another party was responsible
- not be legally barred due to limitation periods
Generally, in most cases, a notification of claim should be filed within 3 years of the date you became or realised you were injured. If you think that you have left it too late, please don’t worry as a personal injury lawyer might be able to find a way around if for you.
How long does an injury claim take?
Unfortunately, most matters in Bunbury take more than 12 months to finalise, especially in cases where plaintiffs have suffered serious or lifechanging injuries. Minor claims can sometimes be settled in less time however, it’s quite rare. Please rest assured that the panel of expert lawyers at Millner and Knight will do everything they can to get you the best result in the shortest time possible.
What’s my claim worth?
Well, this is the golden question and possibly the most commonly asked by plaintiffs. Although there’s no easy way to answer it for you, we can offer you a guideline.
When working out and negotiating the value of your claim your lawyer will consider:
- Any time off work and lost earnings
- Any future lost earnings
- Any changes in your ability to work
- Care or support, even if given to you for free by family or friends
- Any adaptations you might need to your home or vehicle
- Travel and accommodation expenses
Call us today on 08 6206 8080 for a free no-obligation consultation regarding your personal injury
What type of cases do we handle?
Our legal team in Bunbury can help you recover damages for a range of things.
We can help you recover compensation for a range of matters including:
- Making an ICWA claim if you have been injured in a road traffic accident, or
- filing a claim if you have been injured during the course of your employment in WA, or
- finding the person who owed you a duty of care after an accident in a common domain, or
- seeking victims compensation and justice after being injured in a crime, or
- claiming for a negligent act or omission committed during a procedure in WA, or
- lodging a TPD lump sum financial recompense claim, or
- all general injury-related insurance and superannuation claims services
If we have omitted to mention your situation above, call us, as our team in Perth will more than likely still be able to help.
Ready to speak to us?
We’re here to make life easier for you and your family when the unexpected happens. Every year we help countless people in Bunbury secure the best possible compensation and rehabilitation support they need to make a full recovery.
Our team are determined to provide the necessary help and support to fully enforce your legal rights. We promise to speak to you in a language you understand and will never pressure you into making a claim.
Remember all calls are confidential and we will never pressure you into working with us.
Monday – Friday: 9am – 6pm
Closed Public Holidays
Our service location