To make a successful TPD claim you must meet some or all of the terms and conditions specified in your insurance policy, including some specific definitions
Generally all illness and injury types will be considered however in some rare instances an exclusion may have been applied to your cover.
How to make an Australian Super TPD claim?
There are two ways to make a claim with Australian Super, either legally assisted or by making your own. If you intend to make your own, it’s important to have a good understanding of the law because insurance companies normally have a team of in house lawyers who specialise in minimising payouts.
Legally assisted TPD claims
Millner and Knights panel of handpicked superannuation lawyers will work quickly and efficiently to get your full entitlements. Many of the people who call us do so because they have had their claim rejected or blocked by the insurer.
Our experts are well versed in the tactics used by insurance companies to block claims and fully understand the fine print so if your claim has been rejected you’ve come to the right place.
How to make your own TPD Claim?
- Make an enquiry: Contact Australian Super on 1300 667 387 and notify them of your intention to make a claim.
- Gather supporting evidence: Work with your case manager to complete any necessary forms. You will also need to provide them with your Medical Attendant’s Statement (MAS) and two certificates of early superannuation release completed by two different doctors.
- The review stage: At this point your application will be thoroughly reviewed and usually you will be required to attend another medical assessment but this time arranged by the insurer.
- Decision: If your TPD claim is successful, you’ll be informed in writing with confirmation of the amount payable.
- Payment: Your payment from the insurer will be deposited into your into your super account, however you will not be able to draw on it until Australian Super have received the two completed certificates of release.
Download the Australian Super TPD claim factsheet here.
Why Millner and Knight?
As one of Australia’s largest and most trusted compensation companies, we often help people when other firms can’t. We’re the best people to speak to regarding your TPD claim because we offer free impartial advice and we’ll never pressure you into starting a claim.
At Millner and Knight we understand the devastating impact an injury or illness, can have on your life and the lives of those around you. We provide all legal services via our panel of leading law firms on a no win no fee basis, which means you can focus on recovery and not worry about forking out for legal costs unless your claim is successful.
Call us today on 1800 106 107 for a free no obligation consultation and tomorrow could be one day closer to your compensation.