Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

In some instances, you might be required to make a claim for someone else.

These instances can include claiming for a child, claiming on behalf of a deceased family member or on behalf of a loved that doesn’t have the mental capacity to do it themselves.

There are many circumstances that require a victim’s claims to be handled by someone else. If you think that you might have to represent someone in their claim for compensation, we can help you make this determination.

My child was injured at no fault of their own, can I claim for them?

A parent or guardian can claim on a child’s behalf if they are under the age of 18, they also have up to the age of 21 to claim themselves if they wish. For example, a minor who suffered injuries in a car accident at the age of 14 can either wait until they are 18 and recover the money themselves or you could handle their compensation claim for them now.

To find out whether you are entitled to make a claim on behalf of your child, contact our team today.

Can I claim on behalf of a loved one who lost their life in an accident?

First of all, if you have lost someone you love in an accident, we would just like to say how sincerely sorry we are.

Losing a loved one doesn’t just hurt in the head and heart, the loss of a loved one can seriously hurt people’s finances too. The cost of unexpected medical bills and funeral expenses can have massive impacts on families.

Also, if the deceased person used to contribute financially this can leave finances being stretched to breaking point, and in some sad cases, we hear of people losing their family home.

We understand if you have lost a loved one that compensation might not be the first thing on your mind. However, we have seen the difference that compensation makes to grieving family members lives allowing them to plan for the future without that person.

If you need help making a fatal accident claim, we can help.

We handle all claims on a No Win No Payment basis and our lawyers fight these types of cases with compassion and will work relentlessly to get you the compensation you deserve.

What if my loved one can’t claim themselves due to brain injuries?

In some serious accidents, victims can be left with injuries that impair their mental capacity leaving them unable to make a claim themselves. If someone you love has suffered brain injuries that prevent them from starting a claim we can help. Speak to our legal advisors to discuss your options on 1800 106 107. All calls are free and we will never pressure you into starting your claim with us.

Other instances where you might need to make a claim for someone

Please don’t worry if we haven’t mentioned your circumstances listed above. There are many other instances where you may be eligible to make a claim on someone else’s behalf.

Only a practising personal injury lawyer can make this determination for you so if you need to find out where you stand, speak to us today.

Millner and Knight are one of the country’s largest personal injury claims, support and helpline services.