Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

If you need to speak with WorkSafe Victoria regarding your work injury claim, here are some useful contact details:


Calls within Australia: 1800 136 089

Opening Hours:

Monday: 8:30am – 5:00pm

Tuesday: 8:30am – 5:00pm

Wednesday: 8:30am – 5:00pm

Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm

Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm

Saturday: CLOSED

Sunday: CLOSED

Closed Public Holidays

Postal Address

If you need to contact WorkSafe VIC by post, you can do so using the following address:

1 Malop Street,


Victoria 3220

Online Enquires

For online enquiries visit: https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/form/contact

Online Services

If you need to notify WorkSafe VIC of an incident, you can do so here: https://www.worksafe.vic.gov.au/report-incident

Hurt at work?

If you get injured at work, your employer is required by law to pay for worker’s compensation payments to you. Each state and territory have its own regulations regarding it’s worker’s compensation scheme. You could get hurt by:

  • One incident. e.g. hurting your back in a fall
  • Re-occurring Incidents. e.g. Wrist injuries from repetitive movements

What about my bills?

Your care must be paid for by your employer if you get hurt on the job-whether or not you miss out on time from work. You may be eligible to receive benefits even if you are a temporary or part-time worker. The amount of the weekly payments you will receive is dependent on a number of factors including:

  • Date of Injury
  • Time off work
  • Length of Claim

You will be paid a percentage of your normal weekly pay after a certain amount of time off these will depend on each state.

As each state and territory have their own regulations regarding worker’s compensation. Your normal weekly pay based on what you have earned each week from your employment during the 12 months before your injury. It only includes regular payments which would have continued if you hadn’t been injured and includes:

  • salary or wages
  • duties
  • penalties
  • allowances
  • overtime

If you have had an injury that has resulted in a loss of earnings due to reduced hours, you may be entitled to a weekly payment from WorkSafe or your employer’s insurer. Usually, you will be paid a percentage of your typical weekly pay.

Things to remember

It is well-known that the WorkSafe process is lengthy and complicated. You should always take care when lodging a WorkSafe claim. Mistakes can delay or decline your claim- so it is a good idea to double-check all documents lodged. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

  • Report your injury. You should notify your on-site manager once injured. Also, remember to follow company protocol and start the WorkSafe process as soon as you can.
  • Do not quit your job. You should not take any actions until your claim is settled.
  • Seek legal advice or legal representation.

Still need help?

You can also use our site to answer any questions you may have regarding your worker’s compensation claim. Below, are some common questions:

If you’ve suffered an injury at work, it’s best to seek legal advice to know your rights and find out where you stand. Request a call back or call our team on 1800 106 107.

Related Pages

1. Make a personal injury claim in Melbourne or Victoria

We have some of the most successful lawyers assigned to our panel who are ready to help you win your case.

2. I had my accident on my way to a job

If you were injured on your way to work, you may still be able to claim.

3. Is there a way to calculate financial recompense?

Our online estimation tool has proved to be fast and accurate for calculating the amount of general damages owed to plaintiffs.

4. No win charge lawyers in VIC

Each and every one of our lawyers acting in Melbourne and Victoria are 100% no win, no pay.