Every day we help people just like you start their journey towards compensation

Free Initial Consultation

* Get the answers you need with no obligations

100% No Win no fee

* Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

Maximum Compensation

* we won't settle for less than you deserve

If you have an insurance policy with Youi and have recently been in an accident you should call them at the first opportunity, so they can help you with your claim.

Here are some useful contact details.


Within Australia: 1300 253 251

International Calls: +61 07 3719 4800

Opening Hours:

Monday: 4am- 8.30pm

Tuesday: 4am- 8.30pm

Wednesday: 4am- 8.30pm

Thursday: 4am- 8.30pm

Friday: 4am- 8.30pm

Saturday: 4am- 6.30pm

Sunday: Closed

Closed on National Public Holidays

Online Inquiries

Sending online message


Make a Claim online


What to do in a Vehicle Collision

For a few years now, it is not compulsory for the police to attend a vehicle collision unless:

  • Anyone is trapped, injured or killed
  • Anyone involved failed to exchange details
  • Any of the drivers appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol


  • Police are needed to direct traffic or hazards
  • A bus or truck needs towing
  • There are hazards present- leaking fluids, broken power poles, etc…
  • Issues requiring police assistance- violence, criminal behaviour, etc…

Call Emergency Services if anyone is injured on 000

Here are some things to remember

Car accidents can happen at the most unexpected places and time, even if you are a courteous and safe driver. There a many reasons why other drivers are at higher risk such as carelessness or inexperience. Regardless, we will find ourselves in this situation at some point in our lives. If the above requirement is not met then there is no need for police attendance, but there are many things a driver should do also.

As soon it is safe, stop your vehicle and turn on your hazard lights. It is smart to leave your vehicle and move to a safe place. Always check other parties involved and assess any damage caused.

Exchange information with the other party involved:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone Number
  • Drivers licence number
  • Licence plate number
  • Insurance Details

If police attendance is not needed, it is required to lodge a police report on 131 444

Call your insurer

If you have car insurance, contact your insurer as soon as possible. Advise them of the situation, let them know about the accident and all the details of the other driver involved. If you have suffered injuries you may also need to notify the relevant compulsory third party provider too.

What if the Driver at fault refuses to pay for my repairs?

In unfortunate events, there are some instances where the other party involved may not admit liability or refuses to pay for you damages. If the other party refuses to pay for your repairs or compensation you can send them a letter of demand or you can escalate to legal proceedings.

If the repairs are in the total amount is less than $5,000 and the other party is uninsured you can lodge a ‘Third Party Uninsured Dispute’ with the Financial Ombudsman Service against their insurance company.

If you have comprehensive insurance yourself, the only situations when you can approach the other party’s insurer directly is if the other driver has died or cannot be located.

 Millner and Knight

 You can also use our site to answer any question you may have regarding your motor vehicle compensation claim:

If you have suffered an injury whilst driving a car, as a passenger or on public transport. We have local specialists who can assist you in your compensation inquiry. It’s best to seek legal advice to know your options to make an educated decision.

Accident Replacement Vehicle

If your insurer is not able to provide you with a hire car call Millner and Knight today on 1800 106 107and speak to one of our claims consultants who can help arrange a temporary vehicle whilst you recuperate. If the accident was not your fault the vehicle will be at no charge to you. We will be able to assist you in connecting with the right specialists and arrange a courtesy vehicle. Motor vehicle accidents simplified!

Related Pages

1. Make a road accident injury claim in WA?

We have a panel of specialist lawyers who have spent decades dealing with the States insurance commission

2. Claim for injuries suffered in a no fault MVA in QLD

Rest assured if you have been involved in a road accident in QLD our expert CTP lawyers can help

3. Lawyers for motor vehicle accidents in Victoria

Our lawyers can guide you through the claims process to ensure a maximum payout from the TAC

4. What is the no win no dramas guarantee?

Find out today if you can take advantage of our no win no pay claims service.