If youve suffered an injury in the hands of a healthcare provider you may be entitled to compensation for your suffering.
- In Victoria, medical practitioners owe a duty of care towards their patient’s
What is medical negligence?
Medical negligence, clinical negligence and medical malpractice are terms used by lawyers to describe when a healthcare provider/organisation or medical professional is responsible for making a mistake or committing a negligent act which in turn caused the patient to suffer unnecessary injury or harm. Some of the most common instances in Melbourne and Victoria include:
- failure to diagnose a condition
- misdiagnosis of a condition
- error during surgery or medical procedure
- administering the wrong drugs
- failure to warn about the risks of a treatment or procedure
- hospital acquired infections
Please don’t worry if you or a loved one has suffered in a way we have failed to mention in the above list as we still might be able to help.