If youve suffered an injury in the hands of a healthcare provider you may be entitled to compensation for your suffering.
- In Victoria, medical practitioners owe a duty of care towards their patient’s
What is medical negligence?
Medical negligence, clinical negligence and medical malpractice are terms used by lawyers to describe when a healthcare provider/organisation or medical professional is responsible for making a mistake or committing a negligent act which in turn caused the patient to suffer unnecessary injury or harm. Some of the most common instances in Melbourne and Victoria include:
- failure to diagnose a condition
- misdiagnosis of a condition
- error during surgery or medical procedure
- administering the wrong drugs
- failure to warn about the risks of a treatment or procedure
- hospital acquired infections
Please don’t worry if you or a loved one has suffered in a way we have failed to mention in the above list as we still might be able to help.
What type of negligence claims can we help you with?
Some of the most common types of medical negligence claims we handle include:
- Wrongful amputations
- Birth errors
- Delayed treatment
- GP neglect
- Incorrect reporting of test results
- Care home neglect
- Worsening existing conditions
- Hospital neglectfulness
- General malpractice
- Dental negligence
Please don’t worry if the neglect you suffered isn’t mentioned in the list above as we will more than likely still be able to help.