Budget Direct Contact Details

Call me Back

Tell us a bit about your matter and an expert who specialises in claims like yours will call you back

Tell us how you became injured

When did the incident occur?

Tell us about your injury

Have you received any medical treatment?

It looks like we might be able to help you claim

This form is secure.

    Free Initial Consultation

    * Get the answers you need with no obligations

    100% No Win no fee

    * Nothing to pay if your claim is not successful

    Maximum Compensation

    * we won't settle for less than you deserve

    If you are insured with Budget Direct and have recently been involved in a road traffic accident it’s best to call them as soon as possible to report it. They will be able to assist in your enquiries and if there’s any damage to your vehicle they will be able to help you fix it.

    It may be the case that you need an accident hire car until yours gets fixed? If so, they can help.

    Here are some useful contact details:


    Within Australia: 1300 139 591

    24 hours, 7 days a week

    International Calls: +61 07 3503 1744

    Opening Hours:

    Monday: Open 24 hours

    Tuesday: Open 24 hours

    Wednesday: Open 24 hours

    Thursday: Open 24 hours

    Friday: Open 24 hours

    Saturday: Open 24 hours

    Sunday: Open 24 hours

    Closed on National Public Holidays

    Online Enquiries

    Making a Claim Online


    Sending online message


    24-hour response 

    What do you do after a Vehicle Mishap

    Minor and Major vehicle mishaps can happen at unanticipated times. Even those who are attentive, cautious drivers are still at risk of encountering a car collision. Unexpected factors can contribute, such as:

    • Carelessness
    • Inexperience
    • Under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs

    There are many more factors that can contribute, but most drivers would find themselves involved in one fender bender in their lifetime.

    Making sure you and Others are Safe

    If you believe it is safe to do so, you may move your vehicle. If any of the following circumstances are evident you should not move your vehicle and should call emergency services.

    • Extraordinary circumstances -unreasonable risk to the safety of the public
    • Vehicle is unable to be immediately moved as the size of the vehicle and/or spillage.

    Assessing the Scene

    Minor traffic accidents don’t require police attendance unless:

    • Death or Injury (needing medical attention from a qualified medical professional)
    • Hazardous environment or a danger to the public- traffic control or fallen power lines.
    • Suspected involvement of drugs or alcohol
    • When a driver in cannot/refuses to provide the required details

    If these factors are evident in your accident scene then you should call 000 and request emergency services.

    This doesn’t include if you have returned to your car and whilst unattended it was damaged by an unknown vehicle and that the other driver has already left the scene without exchanging details. In that case, you can report it to the police.

    Minor Accident

    If the accident is minor where emergency services are not needed, you can proceed to swap information with the other party involved. When exchanging details with the driver try to get as much information as possible, such as:

    • Name
    • Phone Number
    • Driver’s Licence details
    • Licence Plate Details
    • Insurance Details
    • Make and Model of Vehicle
    • Take Photos

    It is recommended that you make a police report within 24 hours from the time of the accident.  You can reach non-emergency police services on 131 444.

    Call your Insurer

    Always update your insurer if you have been involved in an incident, even if it is not your fault. Your insurer should be notified regardless. You may also need to call your States CTP insurer if necessary.

    Got hurt in the Accident?

    If you have been injured in a vehicle impact incident you may be able to claim for an injury reimbursement. As long as the wounds were sustained in that mentioned incident. You may need to prove that the other driver was responsible.

    There are a few things to do if you have been hurt:

    • Seek medical attention
    • Reduce Hazards
    • Advise police of injury in the police report
    • If any above requirements are met, then request police attendance
    • Take photos
    • Make sure to monitor injuries with a doctor or medical professional
    • Obtain legal advice

    Millner and Knight

    You can also use our site to answer any question you may have regarding your compensation claim:

    If you have suffered an injury whilst driving a car, as a passenger or on public transport. We have local specialists who can assist you in your compensation inquiry. It’s best to seek legal advice to know your options to make an educated decision.

    Accident Replacement Vehicle

    If your current vehicle is getting repaired and you need a courtesy vehicle our team at Millner and Knight can help. Call us on 1800 106 107 today to get a no charge hire car, as long as the accident was not your fault. We will be able to assist you in connecting with the right lawyers and arrange a courtesy vehicle. Motor vehicle accidents simplified!

    Related Pages

    1. Make a road accident injury claim in WA?

    We have a panel of specialist lawyers who have spent decades dealing with the States insurance commission

    2. Claim for injuries suffered in a no fault MVA in QLD

    Rest assured if you have been involved in a road accident in QLD our expert CTP lawyers can help

    3. Lawyers for motor vehicle accidents in Victoria

    Our lawyers can guide you through the claims process to ensure a maximum payout from the TAC

    What is the no win no dramas guarantee?

    Find out today if you can take advantage of our no win no pay claims service.