At Millner and Knight, we offer our 100% no win no fee guarantee on all types of medical negligence and medical malpractice claims.
The legislation surrounding medical law varies throughout Australia. For this reason, we have created separate pages with specific legal information for each jurisdiction.
Or if you would prefer to speak with someone please call 1800 106 107 for free impartial advice.
Making a no win no fee medical negligence claim
We understand the physical and emotional trauma endured by victims of medical negligence so we promise to make the claims process as simple and stress-free as possible.
If you believe you or a loved one has fallen victim to a negligent medical professional or healthcare provider you can contact us for a free initial consultation.
Building a case
For medical negligence claims to be successful there are three main elements your specialist lawyer will need to prove.
- Breach of duty: Although your medical provider owes you a duty of care treatments often come with unexpected outcomes and unfortunately there’s not always a case. However, if there has been a breach of duty or someone’s negligence actions caused your injury, you may have a case.
- Causation: Proving medical causation is often the stumbling block for most medical negligence claims. Even if the defendant admits to a breach of duty a principle known as causation must also be proved. To prove this your legal representative must demonstrate that failure to exercise reasonable care resulted in unnecessary suffering.
- Damages: Include personal injuries, losses and damage resulting from medical negligence.
If your legal representative can prove these three elements we may be able to help you make your medical negligence claim according to our no win no fee guarantee.
For help, advice or support please call 1800 106 107. Millner and Knight have panel law firms throughout Australia who can provide you or your loved one with first-class legal representation and rehabilitation support.
As with most claims, strict time limits apply. In matters relating to medical negligence, victims have three years to bring a claim from the date you first became aware of your injury. After this, you may be legally barred from pursuing a claim.
If you have left it too late for whatever reason please contact us as a matter of urgency as our experts may be able to grant you an extension in the court.
Assuming your claim has merit, legal proceedings will commence on your behalf.
What types of medical negligence do handle via no win no fee?
- Wrongful amputations
- Birth errors
- Delayed treatment
- GP neglect
- Incorrect reporting of test results
- Care home neglect
- Worsening existing conditions
- Hospital neglectfulness
- Dental negligence
Please don’t worry if the neglect you suffered isn’t mentioned in the list above as we will more than likely still be able to help.